Feb 16, 2006

Zen and Presentation

This blog is quite great ! It shows how to use Zen in presentations, and takes the presentation styles of Bill Gates[Microsoft] and Steve Jobs[Apple] as a contrasting excercise.

The aesthetic values of Zen :
  • Simplicity
  • Subtlety
  • Elegance
  • Suggestive rather than the descriptive or obvious
  • Naturalness (i.e., nothing artificial or forced),
  • Empty space (or negative space)
  • Stillness, Tranquility
  • Eliminating the non-essential

There was a great quote I read somewhere :
Perfection is reached not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.


And my personal philosophy , which again I picked up from somewhere :
KISS : Keep It Simple Stupid!

I guess my website is aesthetically zen in nature ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment