Jul 12, 2006

Dastardly Cowards

Update :

Yesterday there were 2 more terrorist attacks in India. One was in J&K , the other in Mumbai. Reportedly carried out by Jihadi's, these attacks show what kind of cowards these people are.



The Religion

Is Islam a violent religion ? Did Mohammed decree that his followers should kill other people ? Did the Koran talk about spilling the blood of innocents ? And yet these so called jihadis are doing everything that the founder of their religion did not decree. Mohammed was himself hounded by the Meccans - but did he retaliate by Killing their kids and wives ? No ! Then what religious fanaticism do these self proclaimed prophets follow ?

Some say its because muslims feel that the people who do not follow their relgion are infidels. But here's a translation of the Koran which states :
The Disbelievers

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[109.1] Say: O unbelievers!
[109.2] I do not serve that which you serve,
[109.3] Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
[109.4] Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
[109.5] Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
[109.6] You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.
The Koran is tolerant. Then where do these dispicable people come from ? Who has given them the right to slaughter people in the name of the religion ? No, I do not believe these people are muslims. They have disowned thier own religion for delusions.

The Mumbaikars

I have deep respect for the mumbaikars. I think they should do away with any political party, mayors etc from their city. Cause the govt only keeps yapping and yapping and yapping. About how they will not let it happen next time. About how it was all the other party's fault. About how less funds they get from the centre. BUT they do not do anything about making life better.

And everytime, its only the mumbaikars who come to the aid of each other. Its always the mumbaikars who help people stranded in the rains. Its only the mumbaikars who help to take the blast victims to the hospitals. If mumbaikars are the only people who really put their foot forward and help each other out - who needs a govt whose only target seems to be to misuse the tax money.

I am sure , that if in a locality , all the tax payed is pooled and used to make the locality better - we will have much better cities than what the govt promises.

The Media Channels

Sometimes the media people make me sick. They revel in showing people crying , brused, bleeding and dead. Makes me wonder why ? Are they in cahoots with the terrorists that they are almost always at the site of a happening in a few minutes ( ya ya , they will talk about their response teams... but still the suspicion remains. After all, there are many unscrupulous people who would do anyting for their ratings - which translates to better pay).

I would like the media to showcase how the heroes in the people - not the whiners. I would like them to show how the people respond to the attacks and rebuild their lives and not how they are lamenting their faith.

For those who died, I do not know what to say. One part of me is angry that they got such a death. But another part of me - the philosphical part, thinks its not how they died that matters its how they lived.

For my Readers

For my readers, i would offer the suggestion - death is inevitable. You can die by many means. At the end - you die. Simple truth. And the only thing left is to live your life. So, live your life. Take risks. Dont life a safe life cause death can happen anywhere. You may life a very sheltered life and yet die young. Live your life the way you want to. Is there something you want to do - but are afraid to do so cause every one else says its dangerous - go with your heart. Travel around. Bungee Jump. Do anything - but do not live a safe life. Because when its your time to die - you will think - what have I done in life - and you will regret not doing so manythings.

One Life. Live It.

4 comments:

  1. Just loved readin the closing lines! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose Vibhu , many Indian bloggers would be fuming and raging in their respective blogs about this genocide .

    But what eventually ? Rant and rave a few days , weeks , nonths may be , and then ? Continue as usual . Is what always happens .

    Trouble with us : we're all weak armchair soldiers ( some have different causes ) ....but the common thread : we're too weak to do anything about it .

    Americans can fight off intruders themselves ( they can easily obtain licenses and arms , in India the cost and bribes would , I presume be too high ). By forcing us to rely on an underpaid , undertrained , underequipped , politically-controlled puppet police , we are left no realistic means .

    Someone wrote about a wishing the military would overthrow this weak leadership - that bends over and begs when its voting time for your precious votes and then spits on your unprecious self after you're done voting - and take charge . That's what happened in Germany ( Hitler ) . And elsewhere .

    I too believe democracy is a huge sham ( millions of mediocre brains cannot do what one excellent brain can ) , but where does one find that "right" dictator ? Does the general public even know how to ?

    All smoke , no fire . Thats' all there is .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trouble with us : we're all weak armchair soldiers ( some have different causes ) ....but the common thread : we're too weak to do anything about it .

    When I started biking - everyone was of the opinion that it was not doable - and were proved wrong. You remind me of those people.

    Armchair soldier - maybe. But atleast better than people like you who are armchair defeatists. People like you already are defeated even before trying out anything.

    Atleast I make noise. I try to take some social responsibilities. I try to look for solutions. If I dont like something I dont keep quite - and say it out in the way I know best - blog.

    What are armchair defeatists like you doing apart from demotivating anyone who is thinking about doing something ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vibhu, take a look at this - http://www.anoopsaha.com/myarticles/2006/07/25/salwa-judum-draft-petition/

    I don't know if you've been following the civil war problem in Bastar (Chattisgarh) lately, but it's a total breakdown. One district is totally out of the control of the government. The situation is worse than what you might have seen on TV about African civil wars.

    I feel really helpless as I have absolutely no clue what to do other than just helping garner support (even though I don't belong to that district/state I just can't see something like this happening).

    ReplyDelete