Oct 8, 2005

Lotus Notes Sucks

Caution : This is a rant

In my new company, the company policy is to use Lotus Notes for email ( R5 ). You cannot use a different client. You cannot pop the email - you can just use Lotus Notes. That's it.

Initially, I used to think that Lotus Notes was cool. In fact, I think that this is one of the few email clients that I have not used ( My list includes Outlook, Evolution (the best one by far), Thunderbird, Netscape, PINE, elm, mail, mailx, Outlook express, kmail, Open Office email). If you ask me ... Lotus Notes goes well below the list. On the scale of 1 - 10 , I would rate LN as 1 ( as that's the lowest I can go). Evolution would be 10, followed by Thunderbird/Netscape and Outlook.

I feel that processes are to streamline things. We standardize on software first and foremost so that the productivity increases - but I get the feeling that most companies are going in for processes and standardization not as a means for making things more efficient but more as a means for getting certifications.

Whenever I bring out the gripe about LN I am told I will get used to it. Funny, in all these years, its only now that I am getting to hear about getting used to something. Maybe something wrong with me ??

That's the thought I had, so I decided to check out the internet for other people who also use Lotus notes and see if someone finds themselves in the same boat - and here is what I got :
http://lotusnotessucks.4t.com/
http://www.computergripes.com/LotusNotes.html

Boy .. do I agree with them all ! :-D Maybe I am sane after all !

But till the time I will probably have to grit my teeth and try to do the best I can do with this piece of software.

No comments:

Post a Comment