Apr 9, 2006

PC Gaming or XBox ?

Microsoft has gone into the console gaming market with its XBox. It is putting its muscle behind it to take on Sony Playstation and other console makers. But how does the XBox compare to the other gaming media ? Comparing with Sony Playstation is well nigh impossible as game makers dont come out with both versions. However, making a game on XBox and Windows PC is more easy - and there are quite a lot of games which are available for both the XBox and the PC.

Gamespot has a comparison of a game called Oblivion on their site. Check out the screenshots - pretty good comparison.

Conclusion - a high end PC is better than the XBox.

Advice from me - stick to a PC . You will anyways have one in your home and you can keep upgrading it to make sure that you have the best graphics around. With an XBox - you will need to keep buying the newer versions of it all the time.

My plan - upgrade my current pIV 1.5 G to a PIV 3.0G, 2GB RAM, 19"LCD monitor, Nvidia 256MB Card and let the games RIP :-)

1 comment:

  1. Resolution goes up to 1600x1200. However, at that resolution, its not easy to read, so I keep it at 1200x1024... good enough for screen-realestate.

    I have a GeForce4Mx right now. Upgrading my system in the coming days - which will def see a graphics card upgrade. If you can suggest something - let me know.

    ReplyDelete