May 7, 2006

Rocking on Linux !

Well, I had this post a few days back about using a dual monitor setup with my system. Some comments were positive, but some were ... ahem... pointing out how dirty my room is !! Well, I normally don't care, especially as when you are trying out something new, you do tend to get messy ... but then a comment was made - which made me realize ... that I better do something about it ! Also, got a cable connection which necessiated a change in room configurations. Here's how my room looks now ;-) ...

BTW, I am watching HBO on cable TV in this screen shot... and the computer is running Linux. :-D


Check out the wiked bedsheets ;-) . After much hunting for black bedsheets, I was only able to get something which is a mix of black and white. No idea why people don't stock black sheets !

Bet, that got you interested, so I thought I might as well take a few screenshots of my system running Linux. Here's how it looks - plain vanilla. Nice wall paper eh ? ;-)



If you are wondering what is what - check out this annotated pic on Flickr.

And, here's how it looks running a few things. As you can see I am editing this blog, and listening to Rang De Basanti, running an openGL spectrum analyzer.


Of course setting it all up on linux is not as easy as on Windows, but, as you can see, Linux is pretty close to windows in terms of usability.

If you need to intall linux on your system, I provide consultancy ;-)

2 comments: