Jun 19, 2011

Living - Faliure or Success

If you havent failed you havent lived.

This post by a friend on FaceBook started off a thought in my head. Is that really living ?

I think that failure or success has nothing to do with living.

As an example : Lets say you are in some hill station. You have a beautiful view before you - trees rolling down in the valley before you, the mountains further away with snow on them, a cool breeze flowing. You soak in the view and feel alive. Its not about failure or success at this time.

Like this, you can see many examples in your life where you felt alive - and nothing to do with the outcomes.

I think we have been brainwashed into thinking of failure and success. What is success anyways ? How do you define success ? Too often people miss the point and start equating success with wealth.

What are your views ?

1 comment:

  1. Good point!..though it’s not the wealth we equate.. It’s about time, energy or money(for many it's one major factor) we put on anything and the outcome of it may be success/gain or failure(you didn’t meet what you/others expected).

    Once my friend and myself was on the way to Jog falls, He met with an accident and we returned half way, for me that trip was a failure.
    Success is meeting my/others expectations (though it won’t happen always).

    ReplyDelete